It's official. I'm branching out. I never felt right about writing about MY life on the FAMILY blog. So I've finally created my own blog, just for me.
When ever I think about updating the family blog my usual thought process is as follows:
Me: I think I should update the family blog.
Myself: Yes, it's been about a month.
I: And the song needs to be changed.
Myself: But what should I write about?
I: What's been happening in our hum drum lives as a family?
Myself: Well let me think...what's new?
Me: Um, new?
I: I can't think of anything new, or interesting for that matter.
Myself: So there's nothing interesting to write about?
Me: Nope.
I: Not that I can think of...wait! What about Christmas? That was new!
Me: Yes, but was it interesting? Interesting enough that people will WANT to read about it?
I: Oh, good point. Maybe I should wait until something else interesting happens.
Myself: Yes, I agree with that, plus you don't have the time anyway.
Me: I guess I have another month to think of something interesting to write about, until then, people will have to endure listening to Silent Night every time they check the family blog to see if it's been updated.
My problem? I want to leave the family blog for family events, not use it for my own thoughts and feelings. Call me weird, but it's caused writer's block for some time. (Don't worry, my husband doesn't understand it either.)
So welcome to little moments! I've so named it because I realized as I sat at the dinner table this evening that interesting blog authors don't talk about "this is what I did today." They write about little things or moments that impacted them.
So here goes nothing....
1.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment